September 20, 2006

Meta Blogger

I was at a retreat the other day and my friend, who has asked not to be mentioned in my blog, inadvertently coined a wonderful term, meta moments. These are moments when you talk about talking about moments. This type of talk seems to happen frequently at things like retreats, coalition meetings, subcommittee gatherings, etc.

I recently had a meta-type experience of my own when I put a site tracker on my blog. I did this purely out of curiosity because frequently I will be talking to someone who will say, "Oh yeah, I read what you said about that on your blog," and I will be surprised that they had gone to my blog and not left any comments. I sort of figured that the only people who read my blog belonged to a close group of friends, a couple of folks from myspace and a handful of big brother types who like to keep an eye on me.

Yesterday morning I got my first site tracking report and I was genuinely surprised to find out that I average several dozen hits per day. Not a whole lot, but not too shabby. My site tracker has only been active for 2 or 3 days now and I have hits from all over upstate NY, from NYC and the surrounding environs, from South Carolina and Georgia, from all over Kansas (KC, Lawrence, Topeka, Wichita and Newton) from the DC area and even a couple each from France and Singapore. While I can guess who a lot of these visitors are there are some that I am sure I don't know and that is exciting.

Anyhow, I would like to invite everyone to comment at will on my posts. I am genuinely interested in your thoughts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola! Randomly leaving comments and checking email at the soho apple store.
*waves*

Matthew said...

Well, swell. Serendipity rocks.

Jovan said...

For some reason it logged me in with my google nonsense. That was me up there. Didn't get a chance to hit up the Cubby Hole but I did go to Henrietta Hudsons.

Matthew said...

Sweet! Are you having a good time? Or, did you have a good time?