August 31, 2006

I will only say this once


Macs are better.

Case in point. When working on something at your computer that you don't want your family members, house guests or coworkers to see - for example a, uhm, birthday surprise, yeah that works - you need only one hand to push any one of a number of key commands (apple + tab, apple + m (for righties), apple + w, apple + q) to hide your, eh, work.

On a PC this is a two handed ordeal, and usually a two step one as well (alt + f + oh shit, does this program use eXit, Quit, or Close, fuck, caught red handed).

As an avid mac user I have come to start thinking in mac key commands.

One time I couldn't find my car keys. I said to KC, "I wish I had an apple + F command for my life."

KC isn't big on key strokes. She asked, "A fit to window?"

I took this as a bit of a slam on the size of my ever-expanding gut and spat back, "No a find command, a-hole."

Recently, I gave my boss the old apple + q. It felt good. He is a hopeless PC user. I would like to make a t-shirt with the apple graphic and the letter q, but I now have no money for such things. (Imagine a sad faced emoticon here.)

6 comments:

kc said...

I forgot about the fit-to-window. Hehe

Matthew said...

You are such a quark-head! I think from now on I will just call you Quarky!

cl said...

PC doesn't have the apple-option-shift-K alien, either.

Matthew said...

Have you discovered the space ship that blows up the alien if you change your mind and have very very fast fingers?

Matthew said...

I think the programmers that made quark must have really been disgruntled game designers!

cl said...

No! I used to know how to make some kind of bigger goblin come out for the first one, such as if you did the command five or 10 times, but now I can't figure out how. I figured it went away with Quark 6 or something.