December 11, 2006

Newson Nuisance

I just saw Joanna Newsom live at The Granada in Lawrence, KS. She is the second act I have seen there in the past month, the first being Jolie Holland. Both acts are very well trained musicians and singers performing a range of music. Both times I was frustrated beyond belief when the folks at the bar literally ruined a song or a set by talking through the music. I wish the owners of The Granada would be a bit more sensitive to the type of act they were bringing in and would close the bar inside the concert hall (there is another one 20 feet away outside the actual listening area) when non-rock acts are performing. I also wish people wouldn't go to concerts if they plan on fucking talking through the whole thing.

Anyhow, Joanna Newsom is fucking unreal. I felt like I was transported back to a medieval court. It made me want to believe in magic and witches.

No comments: