October 23, 2006

Drama Clean



I needed shampoo. My preference was to get a shampoo that smelled good and that moisturizer. But as I stood in the shampoo aisle at the local discount warehouse-style grocery store I was overwhelmed with the choice I had to make.

The brand Herbal Essences was on sale. But in order to get that 50 cent mark-down I was going to have to put my finger on a bottle and say, "THIS one."

Herbal Essences has a new product line with cleverly shaped curvy bottles that interlock to save space in the shower. The curves are functional and sensual at the same time. The manner in which the bottles interlock suggests an intimate relationship between the shampoo and the conditioner which mimics the relationship between two lovers. I don't know which came first the interlocking concept or the sex concept, but I was dismayed at what choosing a bottle was forcing me to say about myself.



Here were my choices:

Body Envy
Volumizing Shampoo
nectarine & pink coral flower

Break's Over
Strengthening Shampoo
coco mango & pearls

Color Me Happy
Shampoo for Color Treated Hair
acai berries & satin

Dangerously Straight
Pin Straight Shampoo
honeyed pear & silk

Drama Clean
Refreshing Shampoo
berry tea & orange flower

Hello Hydration
Moisturizing Shampoo
orchid & coconut milk

None of Your Frizzness
Smoothing Shampoo
mandarin balm and pearls

Totally Twisted
Curls and Waves Shampoo
french lavender and jade extracts

I chose Hello Hydration which said on the bottle:


let us soak it to ya. we're all about the moisture, so let us quench your tresses with lush hydration.



Later that night I stopped into a QuickTrip for some gas and milk. Finally, there in the QT milk cooler someone had finally branded something for ME.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that just made my day! for the first time ever i want to live in kansas.